Introducing the Immigration Innovation IncubatorAccelerating creative solutions in immigrant services and advocacy.
Applications Now Open
Apply now through October 20. Create a log-in and submit your proposal in the Application Portal.
Now more than ever, innovators must develop and accelerate solutions that enable immigrants to thrive in the United States.
What tools will increase access to information about immigrant rights and services? What technologies can help communities scale organizing efforts and mobilize? What ideas can ease the burden of government processes to help immigrants journey toward self-reliance?
Those kinds of questions and ideas are what we want you to think about. If you are an advocate with a transformative, early-stage idea to accelerate solutions to these challenges, apply to become an Emerson Collective Immigration Innovator. Our Innovators will receive financial support, trainings, relevant learning opportunities, and access to our networks to help implement their ideas.
Applications close October 20. Decisions will be made in December. To apply, create a log-in and submit your proposal in the Application Portal. (The application questions are also available for download as a PDF, allowing applicants to adequately prepare for submission)
What We're Looking For
We're looking to support proposals, innovative ideas, businesses, technologies, organizations, and ideas that:
- Scale services to immigrants
- Amplify immigration policy advocacy
- Redesign or streamline governmental processes for applicants seeking immigration relief or other protections
- Build political power in immigrant communities
- Tell stories and build community
What Immigration Innovators Receive
Individuals selected as Emerson Collective Immigration Innovators will spend two years developing their idea. Emerson Innovators will receive financial and non-financial resources over the two years—including access to an Emerson Collective staff member, mentors, and field experts beneficial to their projects.
Additionally, the entire Innovator cohort will have the opportunity to meet regularly through the duration of the Incubator.
Innovations From the Field
These examples represent the kinds of ideas that exemplify great work already being done in the field of immigration.
- August-September 2017: Help us spread the word about the Immigration Innovation Incubator
- September 25, 2017: Application portal opens
- October 6, 2017: Incubator Informational Webinar 10am PDT/1pm EDT
- October 20, 2017: Application closes at 11:59 pm PDT
- December 2017: Cohort decided
- September 2018: Incubator begins